Monday, April 4, 2011

Conference Weekend

Inspired by Genreal Conference this weekend. (General Conference is the twice annual LDS meeting/broadcast where the church leaders speak over four 2 hour sessions and we tune in via satellite, internet or TV/radio). Henry actually paid attention to some parts, partially motivated by rewards from the "Conference Treat Bag". Every time there was a song Lizzy would run over to the computer and wave her hand with the music.

Last Monday, when I got home Henry told me he was ready to ride his bike without training wheels. So I took them off, got him lined up, held on for about three steps and let him go. I wasn't sure what was going to happen since I've never taught someone how to ride a bike before, but as soon as I let go he just took right off ! Here's the video I managed to get once I got over my surprise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwGm557IXQ4

Lizzy's had a big moment tonight when she put "pee in the potty." Henry had no interest in our plumbing until he was 4 1/2, but Lizzy has been copying her GeGe (older brother in chinese and what she calls him) when he sits on the potty for a month or so now...must be a girl thing.

Dell

No comments:

Contributors